Donnerstag, 5. März 2009

Willy about the Longdistance

May I introduce myself: I’m Willy the english speaking ski from the woman in red. Actually the Athlet’s Ski should have got rather number then names. But some years ago the woman in red forgot to mark myself with a number so I just got the name Willy.

I would like to tell you about my day at the longdistance in Rusutsu. I had to get up really early this morning for a good massage und waxing from the swiss waxman Juri. He really worked hard and in the end I was as shiny as a mirror. I felt very good. Then I had to wate till 10 o’clock. Because the ski of the men in red were first in the queue. In the end I was ready with a great finish on myself at the time the woman in red arrived and took myself out in the across the street in direction to the start and finish area.

I was very nervous, but I still had to wate because my friend number 3 was on duty for the warming up.

The time came, when it was my turn. I got stick together with lots of friends for the massstart. I was ready and looking forward to the start. The first 50m meters I was only allowed to go straight forward bevor I could begin to skate. But  it was still very narrow with all my friends near to me. The first 10 minutes it went all upwards. To the top of hill, which was on the map. The downhill was as steep as I always felt the edge. I would have prefered to go a little bit more straight. But I think the woman in red was too busy with her balance and to read the map.

Down in the forest the ground went wetter. I still glided as much as possible. The pace was good. But then I found myself just in front of the big wall. Do I really have to get up there?

My owner decided to. So I tried to do the best I could. But the gliding went shorter and shorter. And finally it was more a step after the other and I  reached the end of the cliff. I would have liked to go to the finish, but the woman in red just took something to drink and the whole thing began for a second leg.....

It was a hard race and in the end I’ve got a little tired, but finally I crossed the finish line. Now I have one day to rest and I’m looking forward to the middle distance. 

Photo: Im Hintergrund das Laufgebiet

Geschrieben von Carmen

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi team Switzerland!

    Thank you very much for all the interesting information! And, congratulations to everybody! You guys are great! I am really proud! Take care and good luck for middle distance and relay!

    Theres from Edmonton

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Dear Theres from Edmonton: you shouldn't be in Edmonton, you should be in Rusutsu and start with the girls in the relay!
    Greetings one of your numerous fans!

    AntwortenLöschen